Compare Kia SUVs & Crossovers: Which is Right for You?
The Kia SUV lineup at Warrenton Kia offers a wide variety of options to drivers throughout the Longview area, from sporty compact Kia crossovers to versatile mid-size family haulers. If you’re looking to compare Kia SUVs vs. Kia crossovers, we’ll help you find the affordable option that’s right for you. Explore our available Kia crossover SUV models below to empower yourself to shop like a pro!
What’s the Difference Between a Crossover and SUV?
When deciding on your dream model, it is best to have all the facts. A Kia crossover may be perfect for your budget and lifestyle, but you may also need a bit more cargo space. This is why it is important to know the difference between a crossover and an SUV when starting your car hunt. A crossover SUV will offer more agility and fuel efficiency, but it won’t offer the same amount of interior space that a mid-size or full-size SUV will. Other key differences between Kia crossover SUVs and full-size options include:
- Platform: To be considered a true SUV, a truck-based platform must be used, while a crossover is built off of a car platform. Essentially, crossovers are enhanced versions of cars, and SUVs have the framework of a truck for rugged durability.
- Power: As a larger option, a full-size SUV is going to offer more power for towing and other tough tasks. Typically, V6 and V8 engine options are offered for SUVs, whereas crossovers will typically range from a 4-cylinder on up.
- Price: This can be a major factor for Longview drivers to account for. While both Kia crossover and SUV options offer robust amenities, you will have to pay a bit more for the extra space and capability that a full-size model brings.
With its sporty style and fun-to-drive dynamics, the compact Kia Soul crossover is offered in a variety of trim levels, each with a wide array of standard interior features, tech, and safety systems, including:
- Standard touch-screen display
- 60/40 split-folding rear seat
- A maximum of 62.1 cubic feet of cargo space when the rear seat is folded down
- A fuel economy rating of 25 mpg city/31 mpg highway (base model with 6-speed automatic transmission)
- Standard safety features such as a Brake Assist System (BAS) and a Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
The latest Kia Niro features hybrid performance and a long list of exclusive standard features, as well as many optional advanced active safety systems:
- Parallel Hybrid System featuring regenerative braking and dual-clutch automatic transmission
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Available safety tech such as Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) and Smart Cruise Control (SCC)
- An impressive fuel economy rating of 52 mpg city/49 mpg highway (entry-level FE model)
The Niro and Soul are both compact crossovers that provide similar cargo and passenger capacities, though the Niro is able to deliver more efficient performance due to its sophisticated hybrid engine.
- 23 mpg city/30 mpg highway fuel economy (LX model with front-wheel drive)
- Maximum interior volume of 129.3 cubic feet
- Optional Dynamax™ all-wheel drive with a locking center differential
- Available Blind Spot Detection technology
When comparing the Kia Niro vs. Sportage, you’ll find that you will enjoy better fuel efficiency with the Niro, while the Sportage offers more spirited performance, plus the added versatility of an available AWD system. The enhanced traction and control of all-wheel drive can come in handy on slippery road surfaces in and around Astoria.
A staple of the Kia SUV and crossover lineup is the ever-popular new Kia Sorento. This three-row midsize SUV offers robust performance, including an available AWD system capable of handling all kinds of rough weather and road conditions. Highlights include:
- An available V6 engine that generates 290 hp and 242 lb-ft of torque
- Available Dynamax™ all-wheel drive system with a locking center differential and Torque Vectoring Cornering Control (TVCC)
- Maximum towing capacity of 5,000 pounds with all-wheel drive
With its maximum passenger volume of 154.2 cubic feet, all configurations of the Sorento can comfortably seat up to 7, making it a great choice for growing Seaside area families. In addition, its maximum cargo capacity of 73 cubic feet provides plenty of room for sporting equipment, groceries, or landscaping supplies from Trails End Recovery. It’s also perfect for hauling a small boat or trailer!
The Kia Telluride has created a buzz among drivers in Seaside and critics alike. Looking for standard amenities throughout, even on the base model? Check. Searching for a ride with three rows to fit family, friends, and cargo? Check. On the hunt for a luxurious cabin that will soothe you through even the toughest Astoria traffic jam? Check. Every item on your wishlist will be fulfilled if you opt for this leading ride in the Kia SUV lineup:
- 10.25-inch touchscreen with Head-up Display
- Four different drive modes including comfort, eco, sport, and smart
- Wireless charging capabilities
- Kia UVO link services
The Kia Telluride is a true wonder among the Kia SUV lineup and stands out against the competition as well. This affordable Kia SUV allows Warrenton drivers to get behind the wheel of a premium ride without breaking the bank.
Check Out the Kia SUV and Crossover Lineup at Warrenton Kia
After reading about the different Kia crossover and SUV options and learning the difference between a crossover and SUV, you may be ready to take the next step. Browse our new vehicle inventory to find the Kia SUV that best suits your needs, then contact us to schedule a test drive. You can also continue your Kia SUV research by comparing the Kia Sportage vs. Sorento head to head. Whether you think a Kia crossover will suit your needs or you want to go big with an SUV, we can help you get behind the wheel. Either way, we hope to serve you at our Kia showroom in Warrenton, OR soon!
Recent News from Warrenton Kia
The new 2021 Kia Soul is a head-turning SUV of the highest order. This stylish, sleek, and agile model garners attention all over the Astoria streets. While the outside world admires the design prowess of your ride, you can enjoy your Longview commute from within the fully-loaded 2021 Kia Soul interior. Across the 2021 Kia…
As one of the most popular models on the Astoria streets, the new Kia Sorento is known for a comfortable interior and powerful towing specs. No matter which of the Kia Sorento trims you choose, you will find incredible value and exciting features to enhance your Longview commute. With multiple 2020 Kia Sorento trim…
The well-appointed 2021 Kia Telluride interior provides space for up to eight passengers without ever sacrificing the first-class features and amenities modern drivers crave. That makes it a 3-row SUV able to speak to both head and heart, and you can take a closer look by visiting our Warrenton Kia showroom. Want to find out more…
If you are interested in a Kia model, chances are you want a high-quality vehicle known for innovative safety and performance. While all Kia vehicles are on the cutting-edge of safety, some models have the added benefit of all-wheel drive capabilities. Kia AWD models provide exceptional off-roading ability and supply Astoria and Longview drivers with…